Monday, May 10, 2004

 

Forever Young... Forever Sunday.. If Only..

Sentosa!
haha
Today's sun was great.. but I didn't get to tan much..our china friends came with us.. so we went underwater world and dolphin lagoon with them..
I wonder who will not like to stay on the sands.. and wanna go see artificial habitats..

But anyway, had fun being the tour guide for them.. then brought them to chinatown to eat.. today was fun :)
I wanna get fit again.. and tan too :)
Like many yrs ago.. :) hahaha

ok.. now that I'm not so tired like yesterday night.. and sentosa is over.. I can type more bout yesterday..
we were having dinner and we had a big discussion bout branding different ethnic groups..
some thot that it is gross. while others, like me, think that it's no big deal.. and in fact necessary...

well, to me.. it's a fact that we'll different.. the differentiating the different races are only but a matter of fact.. no meaning tt I'm superior or that you should be whipped (not tt it's bad all the time ;p)
while the idea of we're human beings.. ALL.. is noble.. it's not workable..
like many things.. though our ideas are noble.. and so wonderful.. tt's not the solution.. so we're left here to think how messed up others are..
some truths we cannot run away.. some love is noble.. but who says that we can mix both of them together? :)

you say that I shld move on.. but how do I show u that I have..?
yes I like to miss you.. and I'm still waiting for our five years to come (baby.. 1 more to go.. )
and yes.. I want us to be noble.. and I keep saying that I want to grow up.. I want to be 29 one day..
but we all know that.. when I am 29, I will still be 11 years behind.. just like when I was 18..
this is the truth..

so how do I say we're all human afterall?
how do I tell you that love will save the day?


New Thing Now ~ Shawn Colvin
This is your new thing now
Naked as a rose
Everything exposed
But not quite

This is your new thing now
Cards out on the table
A genius with no label
But not quite, not quite

God, I swear it's good to be back home
Waiting for the newest Rolling Stone
All the other girls are still at war
The best and worst of 1994
Sometimes I see the half and not the whole
Sometimes I see the face and not the soul
Sometimes I think this place has no part
For anyone who ever had a heart

This is your new thing now
And it looks so good in print
Just a poet and her pimps
But not quite

This is your new thing now
A prom dress and a sneer
The woman of the year
But not quite, not quite

Gee, it's good to see a dream come true
People smile and bless all over you
Mixing up those latest junkie-isms
With all the pretty terms of religion

And don't you love the leader of the band
Equal parts Butthead and Peter Pan
All the other kids are sad again
A legend's not a legend 'til it ends

This is your new thing now
And it makes the whole world spin
It's as least as old as sin
But not quite

This is your new thing now
And now you're turning grinning
But maybe no one's listening
And you might lose it all my darling, yes you might

This is your new thing now
And it feels so good to doubt you
I could almost live without you
But not quite
not quite..
not quite..



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?