Monday, February 28, 2005

 

Acceptance Speech

was in the lecture hall and suddenly got an sms..
"Cate won the oscar"
it was from yingkai :)
so happy.. was giving my own acceptance speech to Gareth
haha

shortly after.. another sms
"Cate Blanchette won the oscar for Best Supporting Actress"
it was from James..

thanx to both frens :)

Cate Blanchett (Best Actress in A Supporting Role)
NOMINATED ROLE
As Katharine Hepburn, Cate Blanchett portrays the legendary actress early in her career as she enters into a relationship with aviator Howard Hughes.

ACCEPTANCE SPEECH
Thank you very much. Thank you to the Academy who know Katharine Hepburn so well and is so intimately acquainted with her work. This is an indescribable surprise and honor. Thank you. I know you think it's cheesy, sweetheart, but I have to thank you, my husband. And Hylda Queally, and Robyn Gardiner, my uber-agents, and the wonderful Lisa Kasteler. Everyone involved in THE AVIATOR, when you play someone as terrifyingly well-known as Katharine Hepburn, it's a collaborative effort, you need as much help as you can get. And thank you, of course, to Ms. Hepburn. The longevity of her career, I think, is inspiring to everyone.But most importantly, and on behalf of everyone I know on THE AVIATOR, thank you to Martin Scorsese. I hope my son will marry your daughter.

SPECIAL ONLINE THANKS
My mum
My mum
My mum
My mum
My family
My mum

NOMINEES IN THIS CATEGORY
Cate Blanchett - THE AVIATOR (Winner)
Laura Linney - KINSEY
Virginia Madsen - SIDEWAYS
Sophie Okonedo - HOTEL RWANDA
Natalie Portman - CLOSER

happy mentions.. Morgan Freeman (Best Actor In A Supporting Role) finally got the oscars :)
well deserved
and ETERNAL SUNSHINE OF THE SPOTLESS MIND (writing: Original Screenplay)
Screenplay by Charlie Kaufman; Story by Charlie Kaufman & Michel Gondry & Pierre Bismuth

oh well Charlie.. No Best Picture nomination.. at least got this..
Let's wait for some time.. I'm sure Oscars people will be more adventureous and keen to award good movies like yours someday
sometimes we're just in the right place at the wrong time.. -grinz-


closer to home..
I got my own nice surprise..
was talking to sze bout nalgene bottles
and many other things..
but didnt noticed that he had switched my bottle with the present
until I tried to reach for my bottle then I realised that I've got another nice present :)

this year I've got money
a nalgene bottle (coz I lost mine) (thanx my frenz)
a sports towel (coz I lost mine.. haha)
a keychain from James
another one of Kakashi (from my bro)
a Tori Amos live CD from yingkai and yj (that's in my player since last nite :p)
lots of warm wishes
and a birthday cake

I wonder why I am so happy.. I must love Cate a lot..
and because everything that I got came straight from the hearts of many
:)

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?