Wednesday, November 30, 2005

 

(My) Confessions On A Dance Floor

I have always valued ‘not repeating a mistake’ more than ‘making no mistakes’.
And because human beings are so fond of self-pity, it will be so convenient for anyone to keep repeating a mistake.

It’s not my fault. I’m born like that.
It’s not my fault. I am from a broken home.
It’s not my fault. I am just a jerk magnet.
It’s not my fault.
It’s because I was born 2 years too early.
It’s because I was helpless.
It’s because of the poorly positioned fish tank that created bad Feng Shui.

Somehow when I listened to Madonna’s Confessions on a Dance Floor, I admire her ability to keep learning from her mistakes.
This album is actually a result from her past failures and achievements.

It’s “Bedtime Stories” meets “Music”.
“Hung Up” is just the appetizer. And it slowly opens up to her confessions so don’t expect this album to have a merry-senseless-dance album.

Like it or not
You can call me a sinner
But you can't call me a saint
Celebrate me for who I am
Dislike me for what I ain't
Put me up on a pedestal
Or drag me down in the dirt
Sticks and stones will break my bones
But your names will never hurt

This is who I am
You can like it or not
You can love me or leave me
Cause I'm never gonna stop


I Love New York
If you don't like my attitude, then you can F-off

Let It Will Be
Now I can tell you about success, about fame
About the rise and the fall of all the stars in the sky
Don't it make you smile?
That it will be
Just let it be
Won’t you let it be?

Now I can tell you about the place I belong
You know it won't last long
And all those lights they will turn down
That it will be
Let it be
Just let it be
Won't you let it be?


Jump
We learned our lesson from the start, my sisters and me
The only thing you can depend on is your family
And life's gonna drop you down like the limbs of a tree
It sways and it swings and it bends until it makes you see


How high
How high are the stakes?
How much fortune can you make?
(Nothing lasts forever)
Does this get any better?
Should I carry on?
Will it matter when I'm gone?
(Doesn't make a difference?)
Will any of this matter?



Just like growing up.
You start honest and in-your-face (Bedtime Stories)
Then you slowly find your style (Ray of Light to Music)
You have your resurrection (Evita)
And you have your downs (American Life)

After all the highs and lows,
Your confessions (on a dance floor) will be controlled and polite.
Perhaps this is the so-called maturity.

I truly enjoy listening to this album.
There is a tint of squandered splendor and a sense of enlightenment and awakening.
Along with disco balls (which I am totally fond of) and deliciously remixed vocals and sounds (listen to Forbidden Love).
Despite me having such great anticipation for the album, I am not let down at all.
Imagine how marvelous this album is.
Get it soon people!!

Please listen to the album. The tracks are arranged in a way that there is no gap or silent in between. Listening to the tracks separately just does not work as well.

I took a series of pictures when listening to the album. Promise I’ll share soon. ☺


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?