Monday, March 13, 2006

 

My First Short Film

12th March 2006
What a day!
My first short film.
Finally I get to taste what it means to actually shoot a film. I can't say it was fun (because it was Crazy Town!) but it was a great experience.
I think I grew a little more after yesterday. And in that time, I had a secret realisation as I looked at the tired and sweaty faces of my 'crew and actors'. I am very lucky to have a group of friends who are willing to suffer so much just so I can fulfill my dream to be a director. Very lucky indeed. And if I weren't so proud, I would have cried when we screamed "It's a wrap!" together after our very last shot.

Day before my shoot. CK and Jayna came over to help me with my last prop. We slept at 4am; woke up at 7am and started shooting at 9am.

8am. Reality of film making. Wearing the lousiest clothes (because you will be dirty and sweaty) and carrying weird props in the middle of orchard road. Oh! I was calling my actress. Nearly freaked out because I couldn't get her on the phone.

Moving to my first location. I love this shot. I cropped the original but the credit is all CK's

Setting up my equipment. And this was where we stayed the whole morning. Everyone was burnt!

A peek of the behind the scene footage for those who weren't there. My male lead - Hsien.

Bless the trees! So that my actors and crew can get some shade :) Setting up a shot can take from 5 minutes to an hour. But acting isn't that great too. Imagine feeding the mosquitoes as they waited for me to set up.

Tracking shot. So far, I am the only person to see this beautiful shot. hee. My actors - JacQ and Hsien. And thanx to the pro (He is the one pushing my track).

Thanx to Xiushan. She's the one holding reflector for me.

This was after lunch. And we were doing the indoor shoots. JacQ had to drop her scarf. But her first few attempts looked weird. So Hsien hid under to pull the scarf as she acted. Ha.

My final location. It was already 5pm. Gareth holding the reflector. Hsien waiting for his turn. Jayna and Xiushan helping me look out for sweat on JacQ's face. Me shooting close up on JacQ.

Now you can see Xiushan (I was blocking her in the picture above) and the chair I was standing on. Hee.

It is a wrap!! From left: Hsien, JacQ, CK, Xiushan, Gareth, Jayna and me. And I must point out that CK was the photographer of the day - that's why he's missing in action in all the pictures above :)


I guess we all learnt a lesson yesterday. Filming is very tiring. Geez. Now I have to start to look for another group of actors and crew. Wonder if I can trick them to do my next film. hee.

Million thanx to everyone there once again. I am really very grateful. Really.

Labels: ,


Comments:
haha indeed a fun experience!! bet u've learnt alot from this filming session! haha...true le...should wear the lousiest clothes for shooting...cos sure gets dirty and sticky...thanx for the drinks and treats too...hehe...and we're waiting for the get together to view the end product eh! jia you!
 
Must be a great feeling accomplishing what you always want to do :)! Ya jia you. I want to watch the movie too. Hee2...
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?