Monday, May 08, 2006

 

Singapore General Elections

I actually had a feeling that this year's elections will be a start of something new.
Well, I think in a way, it was. I just didn't think that change will have to happen so slowly.

I guess the Gomez incident helped Singapore all in all.
Thanx for the stupid mistake, SIR!
It helped Singaporeans see that the Opposition Party CAN get their act together. And it helped PAP see that the younger generation is not like the old. If the Gomez incident had happened a few elections ago, PAP should have gotten above 70% instead of 66.6%.

When PAP used upgrading to tempt the residents of Potong Pasir, one old granny commented, "Lifts on every floor isn't much of an issue. I'll just treat the stair climbing as exercise. What we need is a voice."
WOW. Respect this granny!

I sure hope that this election served as a wake up call. And it seem so. If you were here during that period. PAP seem tense (unlike all the previous elections). And I like that.

I wonder what the next elections will be like. And I want to see how the new government will be like. I somehow have a bad feeling. PAP's desire to monopolise the parliment is scary. And I'm afraid of more undertable dealings in the government. Since PAP has learnt that Singaporeans aren't too afraid to vote against them anymore.

Time to spread the power. Although I didn't get to vote. But the fact that I am under the Tanjong Pagar GRC shows some unfairness in the committee that draws out the districts (which PAP has 82 out of 84 seats).

Change is here.
Let's hope it's for the better.

Labels:


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?