Tuesday, July 25, 2006

 

Hans

I walking walking home from Toa Payoh the other day.
And I was thinking about Saturday dinner.

And I suddenly recalled the incident when I was a little boy.
And my sister brought my little brother and I to Hans for her friend's gathering.
I still remember it. It's The Hans in Yishun (I think it has closed down).
And she ordered 2 chicken chop for us.

She didn't order because she wasn't hungry.
But when the orders came, she kept eating our mixed vegetables in our plates.
I tasted them and they were horrible!
So, I forbade her to eat any more of the mixed vegetables.
(you all should know how I'm like :p)

But she kept on eating.
I was angry. So very furious.

It wasn't much later that I found out that my sister had only enough money to buy two set dinners.
(once again, for those of you who knows us. My sister is NEVER not hungry, just like I'm a little tyrant. hee..)
It breaks my heart even to think of this incident now.

But my point for this post is to tell my dear sister (and tell a few of my silly friends like her) that we are older now.
much older :p
And we are more able to take care of ourselves now.
I know your way of loving is to sacrifice yourself, to give your everything, to suffer.
But when you do that, you only hurt yourself and the people who really cares for you.

And when you do something silly, I can't hug you and cry with you.
That's just not me.
I scold.
And I am sorry I couldn't comfort you the way that you want me to.
But I care.

So promise to at least share the set dinner with me.
Never suffer in silence.
Because like what you are already able to say,
some sacrifices are just not worth it.

Labels:


Comments:
omg... i salute ur sis. haa wished i had ur sis... :P
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?