Thursday, December 21, 2006

 

Better The Devil You Know

I have been thinking a bit these days.
Well, I have always been looking back and wondering all these years.
But more recently these days.

I wondered about what makes a love relationship.
Does love itself mean anything?
Does effort make it better?
If you put me in a less important place, when do I decide to pack up and know that love will not save the day afterall.

People often ask why I'm single.
I've often wanted to ask them, "With so much failed love affairs, why do you want me to be part of it?"
But of course you would hear me say, "The right one hasn't appeared yet."

An additional truth will be, "My fears."
I fear heartaches.
Not the pains and tears that I fear, but what a heartache will take away from me.
I look at people going in and out of relationships.
And I wonder if they are strong, or if they do not know what love is, or if they are plain silly, or if they are so lonely.

Love is a tricky thing isn't it?
And on my way to finding back my myself, I know I disappointed some people along the way.
I wish you all love and happiness.
And if you ever ask me, I'll say it's because I was scared.
I really do like you.

I see many relationships break down.
And those that are still together, are a little dysfunctional if you ask me (but I'm glad the two weirdos managed to find a happy home together).
But here's the challenge I gave myself: Other's failures do not lead to mine.
Maybe it's time to love.

It's good to love.
But when it's time to end, it should.
To anyone reading this,
maybe it's time to better the devil we know.
May it be to defeat him to start to love again, or to defeat it to let love die.

Labels:


Comments:
i wish u love and happiness as well :) must love well k? and if the next one bullies you, tell me. i'll do some serious damage :)
 
Remember LOVE is a 4 letter word.
Ha!

I want 2 wish U a Very Merry Christmas and an even better New Year!
Take care of U'rself and be safe.

: )
 
hmm, so much to say about love: complicated but so simple...

"Maybe it's time to love"...reminds me a song by Sarah Vaughan: "the time for love is anytime"
i'll send it to you if you want.
take good care
 
ooups! i wanted to say "so simple but so complicated..."
sorry
 
haha..
if you didn't point out..
:p
my brain processed it as "so simple but so complicated..."


yes.
do share the song
hee..
thanx
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?