Tuesday, December 05, 2006

 

Happy Family

I went for a cousin's wedding dinner today.
A cousin whom I don't even know exist.
A cousin who stared blankly when I congratulated her. Yes, she didn't even have the decency to pretend.
A cousin's wedding dinner which made my mother and sister quarreled.
(These two stupid women deserve their own entry space so I will not say much more now)

I greeted relatives I have never seen before.
He asked if I had done my Industrial Attachment already.
And by the way, his son went to Germany for his Industrial Attachment.

My uncle wants to pass his good contacts to my sister.
Yes. He wants her to join him.
Oh yeah, he's just one level below our MPs.

My uncle says we must have a family gathering soon!
If not, we will be strangers in no time.
His son doesn't know my sister's name.

My auntie zones into our table.
She talks to my grandmother's neighbour, not my mother.
Her husband pretends not to see us.

My mother insists to leave the wedding dinner last.
Because the bridegroom's relatives have yet to leave.
She does not want to lose face.

I am in a utterly bad mood now.
There is too much hypocrisy.
I do not like it.

Labels:


Comments:
~pat pat~ at least the dinner is over and done with...
 
i can totally relate :) cheerup k?
can sms me all ur bad mood! haa we have free smses!
 
u know... kester sounds like such a sweetie.. hahahahah

thend
 
This is typical when it comes to big big family social dinner.

I bet you must be absencing yourself from such occasions most of the times. Anyway, be glad such occasions don't happen all the time. It's only once a few years unless you have lots of cousins of marriage age. Do you?

Just take it as a part and parcel of social extended family dinner.

GH
 
misspiggy.
of course the anger comes from a deeper place.
i don't give a damn about fake people.
but thanx.

kester.
thanx.
but you shldn't open that gate..
keke.. later you regret..
keke

thend.
wrong issues.
you want kester's number?
slap you!

GH
you always surprise me with your bigger picture point of views.
thanx.
but tell you more when i see you.
not that simple....
 
hey hey i am not on offer ok.. dun anyhow give my no. haaa

can i have theend no. den? haaa ;p
 
yujin.
ice cream is all you like..
haha

kester.
oh behave!
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?