Tuesday, July 25, 2006

 

How To Catch A Hummingbird

Hummingbirds.
Always busy.
Never resting.
I've heard that if they stop flying,
they will die.
So they are always on the move.

And this is perhaps the reason why they are so hard to catch.

Hence, everyone is tempted to catch one for themselves. Myself included.

First I thought I will wait.
Surely the hummingbird will be tired one day. And when it does, I will offer a place for it to rest.
And it will be mine.
Unfortunately, it didn't work. Perhaps I wasn't lucky enough to find the right bird.

Then I thought I will set traps.
Seduce it with flowers and nectar.
I will be all it ever wants.
Fulfil each and every of its needs.
But somehow the hummingbird that I really want never comes near my trap.

So what can I do?
Yes! I will catch it!
Use a net to entangle it.
Or use a stick to whack its head.
Maybe cut one of its wing off.

So this is how we can catch a hummingbird.
Pay the price that our hummingbird will be crippled.

Perhaps a hummingbird will be a hummingbird.
You can only watch it fly among the other flowers.
(Maybe tease you once in a while)
Always busy.
Never resting.
Always on the move.

Labels: ,


Comments:
this sounded sad... something going on thru your mind? *hugs ok not enuff still got a *kiss lah.. etc..
 
haha
ooh..
so nice.

am not sad
but as you know, when i gage, i have lotsa time to think.
'how to catch a hummingbird' popped into my head.so i wrote it down :)

don't worry
 
Love has it's price. Some describes it as a room. When you are in it, you find it cramp and suffocating and you yearn to get out.But when you are out, you lament the lack of shelter, comfort and you wish you are in again. Hence some merely stand by the door watching others play the door-in and door-out game.

Was watching a Korean show the other day, it said,'I used to associate love with mere happiness. But now, now that I am in a relationship I understand love will have it's ups and downs. And it's all the pain and heartache that made me teasure my love even more...'.

Do you agree?

Actually I only have one question for you -- Will you be a crippled hummingbird for the sake of love?
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?