Monday, April 16, 2007

 

Death

Last friday, I got the news that a good friend's mother just passed away.
She is the unfortunate whom many of you should have read or heard about in the accident up Cameron Highlands, Malaysia.

The first thought that flashed across my mind was how my friend had always talked about her mother.
Aunty's joyfulness and silliness.
And I worry for my friend.
Especially because now is so near to our final examinations.

I saw her on saturday, she was calm and she laughed a lot.
She told us to not worry and she will be strong.
My dear friend, I know you don't want people to worry.
But don't keep everything in your heart, k?

Do take care.

Death is a very strange thing.
It changes people.
My cousin passed away when I was a child.
He died in Malaysia too; a result from the fall on his mountain climbing trip.

To be honest, I don't know him well.
But everyone cried.
So I cried too.
But that seemed to change my life a bit.

Maybe not directly, but indirectly from the changed lives of others around me.

Then my grandmother passed away.
She was nasty.
And quite suffering.
So I think it's a good thing for me and her.

Then my eldest uncle passes away when I was in Thailand.
I didn't know it til much later.
He was a very kind man.
And I hope he has went to a better place.

I guess the death that affected me most directly was Lucky's passing.
I remember when I saw him on the hospital's metal table, he slept there quite quietly.
And I cried and wanted to say so much more to him.
But I decided to just whisper "I love you, baby" into his ear and gave him a kiss.

When Lucky was alive, I refused to feed him junk-food.
I hugged him whenever I can.
I brought him out whenever I can.
And I tolerated his bad breath.

I loved him in those ways.
To some, it may be incomplete.
But I loved him fully.
Everything that I want to do to love him, I did.

Maybe this is how we prepare for death.
Not for our own, but our loved ones' death.
That when it is time for them to leave us to another place,
We have already loved them in everyway that we want to love them.

So don't leave your loving til tomorrow,
for our shoulders are too weak to carry so many regrets in our lives.

Labels: ,


Comments:
big hugs
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?