Sunday, September 09, 2007

 

Big Hello From Stockholm!

I was saying the other day that I have a car ride that I hope I will never do again.
In fact, if we were given a night to sleep and rest, it wouldn't be so bad..
But we started driving after the conference and the journey took about 36 hours.

We started from Vienna, Austria
through Czech Republic
the things there are cheap.
We bought Mac in the early morning.
And food for 3 people is 9 euros..

Then we reached Berlin, Germany
picked up a colleague. Then started to drive again.
It was so cold.. I was wearing 4 layers.
And I mean 1 tshirt, 1 jumper and 2 jackets!
haha

Then we took a ferry at Rostock to cross the sea to Denmark
I was asleep when the car boarded the ship.
So i don't really know :p

Then we arrived at Helsingør after 2 hours and 35 minutes.
It's quite refreshing.. Don't know why
maybe because i've never took a car for a ferry ride.

Then we drove across Denmark and took a short 45 minute ferry to Sweden
The drove 6 hours to reach Stockholm, Sweden

We've had a GPS navigator.
And it's usually "drive 9km and turn right"
or
"drive 20km and turn left"

But in Sweden, it's mostly "drive 150km and turn right"
Everytime I hear 150km or 120km... I feel like vomitting...

:)

So now I'm in sweden
It feels like a very modern place.
But I havent got the chance to look around.
We finish work at 1am yesterday
And I slept at 3am and woke at 6am

So.....
Hopefully will get to see stockholm a bit after this conference ends and before the last one starts.
We have 2 days to set up....
Maybe we'll have time to go to the city too :P

Oh ya.
We did Cardiology Conference in Vienna
so it's quite boring.
But here!
It's eyes..
So everyday I look at videos inserting lens, or cutting eyeballs..
It's very gross!

hee..

Labels:


Comments:
u see... ask u to take my really thick jacket liao... hope u took loads of photos. i wanna see!
seemed like u are enjoying urself keke. have more fun k?
 
haha...150km and you feel like vomitting? I can picture u doing that! haha...

gee...so interesting! Medical conference! Fun leh!

Sound like u aint having enough rest...drink more water k...and wear more layers...did u get those heat pack that u can put in ur pockets? Keep warm k...

still missing you alot...write to me soon...muack muack
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?