Tuesday, November 27, 2007

 

The Old House

I think only Tawfiq knows that we got the keys back to our Thomson Road house.
My father finally gave the keys of the house so we can clean and sell it.
It been 5 years since I set foot into the house.
And when we were there.
Nothing changed.
Everything stayed in the way we left it.
I can't help but to wonder if this is the way my father tried to cope with the biggest change in his life - to not change anything.

And so I guess throwing your things away sometimes mean more than keep your house clean.

But of course, I was glad that he did not throw my things.
All my precious CDs are finally back with me.

The other precious package I got back is all the letters and cards my friends sent me.
It took me 6 hours to read and sort out the whole folder.

After reading through the letters and cards, I realised I am very lucky to have 3 precious friends (not that the rest of you are not!)
First is Lisun. My great friend since 7 years old (Lisun.. *faintz*)
She has always written letters to me. And she has always confided in me and tried her very best to tell me what is going on in her life. I feel so terrible. But because of my personality, I am never quite used to telling people my troubles (at least not until I have sorted them out) I'm sorry. We will catch up one day. And I'll update you a lot, ok?
When we parted to different secondary schools, she had always asked me to not change.
But now, we don't say these things anymore.
We have matured, haven't we?
So how will I ever leave this friend who has grown up with me?
One of the few people in the world to have seen the timid me..

Then there is Yanlin, my er jie (second sister).
We are friends of the children's programme at our father's company event.
So that means I was 10 years old. And she was 12.
We did lose contact.
And according to the documentation.. *hee*
6 years after, I got a letter from her.
And we have kept in touch ever since.
Now she is going to get married. Our 'elder' sister already has 2 kids!
Er jie is very quiet, more timid than me.
But so many years ago, her decision to try to find me and da jie, gave me 2 very close friends now.

And finally, Jiahui (Jayna).
Probably seen my everything (except me naked. But she is just one underwear away. ha!)
We wrote many letters.
And it's very funny to read our letters.
We were so far away from then now. And if we now speak like we did. I think we will point a gun at each others head and pull the trigger.
She has given much just so we are the friends we are now.
I am truly blessed.

And I also cringe when I see birthday cards..
"Happy 17th Birthday!"
(I don't get birthday cards anymore)
And I do feel old.

hee.

Facing the past isn't easy sometimes.
But often, we need to go back and pick up that missing puzzle just so we can move on.
I've picked up many missing pieces in the past couple of years.
Brighter future, here I come!

Labels:


Comments:
wah...i didnt know ur er jie is getting married! the last time i saw her she is still single leh...hehe

haha...yes i think if we still speak the way we did...i will pull the trigger...ur head the mine...haha...
 
well done, lad.

Calv
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?