Sunday, April 05, 2009

 

Ho Chi Minh City Trip

Ho Chi Minh City was a strange place for me to be in. There is actually a part of my history that know that life. No air conditioning. Messy traffic. Side street stalls barbeque-ing squids and meat.
But my body is forgetful. I was sweating.. and secretly looking for proper air conditioning.
And of course, with every step I walk I remind myself how lucky I am.
I did also wonder how did we run so fast ahead.. to be the Singapore we are now.

War is a terrible thing.
Ho Chi Minh is a great city now. But considering that 20 years ago, Vietnam was way ahead of Singapore, Malaysia even Thailand.. that terrible war slowed them down so much..

It also very strange for me.. since I've been to Siem Reap and Thailand before.. these 3 countries, although neighbors, reacted very differently to all the fighting. Ho Chi Minh people are very direct and rough. If you're in their way, they push you aside. Nothing personal.. You are just in the way..

This trip was very enriching.. and I will forever remember the fun of crossing the roads; dividing the traffic and merging into the whole transportation system.. flesh with metal and rubber :)


We Kinda Ate A Lot Every Meal :p


ChuChi Tunnels:
The tunnels are really narrow.. even for me..






Nice Shot Taken When We Were Exploring The City


Mekong River:
Generally Boring. On Boats.. Went to see how coconut sweets are made.. It's very different for us.. I think.. since we've probably experience this lifestyle one way or another.. Nothing New For Me Here.



How To Resist Not Tailoring A ~S$15 Shirt? There's No Way :P



Our Room

Labels: , , ,


Comments:
i dun think i can see myself squeezing through that tunnel... i will start to panic really madly!
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?